Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

I have a magnavox projection 51" screen and the m#51mp392h/17

I have a magnavox projection 51" screen and the m#51mp392h/17 ser.#yaia0435002351.I know that this is an old model but the video went out but you can hear different shows went turn to several channels.Could it be the lamp and can it be replace?
Thanks for the question. I'm Dan.

This model doesn't have a user-replaceable lamp like some other rear projection models. Rather, it's a CRT-based model (picture tubes).

Does this only happen if you're watching cable/satellite TV? Or is it the same for your other video sources like the DVD player, video game console, VCR, etc.? If you're not sure, please check and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As you stated it is probably the picture tube.Can that be replace and if so where in N.Las Vegas area if you may know.

It would be fairly rare for all the tubes to fail at once. A much more probable cause would be the convergence circuit, the horizontal circuit, or the high voltage circuit.

The good news, is that all of these are reparable. If you want to get this repaired locally, your best bet is Video Specialists. Their number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN They're in N. Las Vegas, and are Magnavox authorized servicers.

I hope that answers your question. If it doesn't, just let me know. Oh, and be sure to rate the service I've provided before you log off. I hope it was excellent! Thanks!