Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

TV went black,no sound or picture, the power button flashes

TV went black,no sound or picture, the power button flashes on & off
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How many times power light is blinking? for example; 4 blinks, pauses and repeats.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

continously, until you hold the power button down for a few seconds

Thanks Tanya for the reply.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Thanks for the info.

Continue blinking power light is bit serious issue in TV, unfortunately.
It seems display panel has got problem and isn't communicating with main processor chip to present video data as picture thus main processor chip detects this problem and activates protection mode that shut down the TV and start power light blinking to display error / hardware failure in TV.
It requires further trouble shooting in TV with voltmeter to sort out is it bad display panel or main processor board that is causing the problem and this type of work should be done by handy person to avoid any damage.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix on this issue and it is definitely TV internal hardware failure that needs real hands to sort out what need to be replaced to resolve the problem.
Please check following link to locate TV repair shops in area to get repair estimate on problem in TV.

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Shahid.