Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

Hello, I have a Panasonic Viera TC-P42ST30 plasma TV which

Hello, I have a Panasonic Viera TC-P42ST30 plasma TV which suddenly shut off and will not turn on. No response to the remote (batteries good) or controls on TV side panel. Pressing power switch on the set lights the power LED solid, if the switch is held down for several seconds, it blinks 14 times, pauses and repeats. Will not shut off pressing power button, must unplug to stop. Can you please assist me in troubleshooting?

Anthony F. :

Hello. Please BE aware This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money

Anthony F. :

You have a bad MAIN BOARD I have seen this before

Customer:

Which one is it, I have the back removed, don't see any swollen caps

Customer:

OK, think I can handle swapping it out. Are there other diagnostic check I should perform to rule out other problems first, or have I provided enough info already?

Anthony F. :

the 14 code does not exist in panasonic diagnosis its internal to the A board