Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a Gateway 26" LCD TV in my motor coach. On my last

I have a Gateway 26" LCD TV in my motor coach. On my last trip, when turned on the TV would have both picture and sound but the picture would vanish occasionally but return
when TV was turned off and back on. Then it reached a point where picture would appear
only for a second and disappear when turned on. By turning it off and on a number of times, I could usually get the picture to stay on but now every time the TV is turned on I have sound but picture only appears for a second.

What is likely cause and is it worth repairing? Motorhome is a 2005.
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

If its going black the backlight is almost certainly going out, now the backlight is controlled by an invertor and this is the most suspect after that the grounding of the invertor and the powerboard and lastly the backlight itself could be bad (very bad news), unfortunately for this size set its not worth spending repair money on a set of this type you would be better off putting that money towards a new set making sure you have at least 4 years warrenty with the set (some retailers do this at no extra cost as a sales incentive).
Stick with known high street brands like sony or LG or samsung.

Please let meknow if you need more info
Please remember to rate the answer.Thank You

Many Thanks