Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Screen is black nothing works think it maybe got hit by lightning

Screen is black nothing works think it maybe got hit by lightning how can I fix it
Hello and thank you for the question.

Are there any signs of life at all on the TV (power light lit or blinking, screen lit up but black, sound from the TV, etc.)?

Also, how long have you owned the set for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tv turns on red light comes on to show that the tv is on the screen is on but the menu botton nor does the volune do anything

Thanks for the reply Dustin, so the set actually clicks and powers on but nothing will display on the screen and no audio correct?

Does the screen actually light up at all (slightly lighter than when the set is OFF)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes u can see that the screen is on just black took back off to look on the inside but cant see anything that anything that just pops out at me and the direct tv box would not power on at all after the storm and it and the tv were pluged in the same outlet

Thanks for the reply.

What you have is a faulty power supply board here. If the screen is lit, but no MENU indicators will show up, and also there is no sound then one or more of the outputs on the supply are not functioning causing this problem. You would need to replace the power board to cure this issue.

If you need further assistance or a link to the power supply let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One more thing after cutting the tv on when I try to cut it back off it want cut off so then I hold the power button dwn then it cuts off but clicks like 2 or 3 times and then cuts back on

Okay this really doesn't tell us anything, because the TV can do all sorts of funky things when there's a faulty power supply board.

There's a possibility you could also have a bad Mainboard. The power supply and mainboard work in tandem to power the set up, and either one- or BOTH are prone to failure during a storm, surge or outage. Especially seeing as the Direct TV box went out, and that connects to the TV's Mainboard.

I would actually suggest purchasing both boards, and replacing one at a time to see if just one or both are faulty, and then returning the unused board if you find that only one took the brunt of the lightning strike.

If you need further assistance or links to the boards let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Were can get those from

The mainboard is usually in stock at shopjimmy at the link below:

It Is the board that routes all of the AV inputs to the set, and can also be located by using the model number of your TV and the word "Mainboard" to search.

The power supply, is actually available in stock and at the link below: