Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Hello...I have a 56" Samsung TV with model # XXXXX The

Hello...I have a 56" Samsung TV with model # XXXXX The TV is turning off on it's own about every 10 secondes. I feel that it may be a timer issue, but I'm no expert. My problem is that I cannot access the menu screen before the TV turns off. Please help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-When it shuts off what does the light on the front do?
-Any problems with the tv before this?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are 3 lights on the front of the unit. When the TV goes off they all blink. This has never happened before and the unit is at least 5 years old.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is not a timer issue, the tv is shutting off due to an internal error it is sensing.

The 3 blinking lights indicates this is a lamp failure. Most commonly caused by a weak lamp, also sometimes caused by a ballast or power supply issue.

If you want to repair this yourself, the first thing we must do is pull the lamp out to inspect it. Has it ever been replaced? If we find a simple lamp issue then its easy and you need nothing more than a screw driver. If the lamp is not the issue then we would need to start taking some voltage measurements and you would need to have/know how to use a meter. Lamps run around $100 for a quality one and if its another issue, parts can run from $50-200 depending on what we find.

If you have a tech do this repair for you, normally you are looking between $220-350 for repairs depending on if its a lamp or a more sever issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.