Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

hi I have a sharp aquos tv have lost sound on it when I

Customer Question

I have a sharp aquos tv
have lost sound on it
when I go to menu it does not allow me to change anything in audio

can you please help me
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see the sticker on the back of the unit
2. What is connected to the Tv? antenna/cable to Tv tuner, or satellite/cable box/dvr, or bluray, or dvd, or game, or external sound system/speakers.
3. Is there no sound from all of these inputs/devices or only certain ones?
4. Has any parts or work been done on this Tv? what? when?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry, there is no sticker on the back of my tv. nor does it say on the remote

i have blue ray, cable and a bose stereo connected to it

i get sound through the bose system from the tv, but nothing from the tv itself

no work has been done on the tv

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

actually my mistake there is no sound in my stereo either from the tv

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.

It is not recommended to enable the speakers on the Tv and the Bose at the same time. You should use one or the other. If you use both, there will be a slight delay between them resulting in an echo effect that won't sound good.

I can certainly help you enable the Tv speakers but without a model number I cannot give you step by step directions. Generally speaking you need to get into the Tv menu section called Factory Reset. This is usually in System Settings.

If you still don't have sound on the Tv speakers after a Factory Reset then reply here with the model number so we can continue. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here, otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can not find the factory reset

was looking for it

in menu it gives me

picture, audio (which is all blocked. does not allow me to scroll down), power control, setup (does not have factory reset here either......

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
If you want my help, I need the model number of the Tv. Every Tv uses a different menu/control system.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how can i find it?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
ALL Tv's have a model and serial number sticker. It will be a white sticker on the back, or sometimes a smaller sticker along the bottom or side edge. If you have the user manual, or receipt for the tv it might be there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well this I must say was a totally wasted $48

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Doing everything we can with the given information. Did someone modify the Tv or remove the model/serial number sticker?

All we can try is to pick through the Tv menu one item at a time until we find RESET. It is going to be in the System or Setup menu area. Exactly what options/choices do you see under Setup or System?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

set up:

input label

parental ctrl

picture flip

where it says audio it will not let me go down the menue. they are with a ø

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Can you scroll down in that Setup menu. There may be more items down further past language....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing more

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.

We can keep going if you want to take some good clear pictures of the front, back, and menu screens of your Tv. Then post them to a photo sharing site so I can see them... Maybe I can guess what model it is or see something in the menu that you might have missed.

The other choice is that maybe you don't want to enable the Tv speakers? Maybe you want to get the sound on the Bose working properly? First step in that process is unplugging the POWER cords for all your equipment for 5 minutes then plug them all back in. If that doesn't help then again we need model numbers of the Bose, the cable box, and the bluray. Then exactly how you have all these connected with each other. Do you get sound from the Bose if you put it on CD or FM?