Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I am unable to shut down tv nor can I adjust the color which

I am unable to shut down tv nor can I adjust the color which is very red and the push buttons on right of tv (source,menu,channel,volume) do not work. nothing happens when I try to use them. the powere off button same thing
Hello and thank you for the question.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

How long have you had the set for and when did the issue occur?

Have you tried unplugging the set yet and plugging it back in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you have to give me a minute .It is hard to get to back of TV.The color issue and the non functioning buttons started yesterday.I have had the set for approximately 8 years..I have not tried plugging and unplugging it. I can get model number and try the plug just give me a few minutes

Thank you. Let me know once you've had a chance to do that please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't get to plug

Thank you. Are any of the three lights on the front of the TV lit or blinking? If so please tell me the status of these lights.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no lights that I see. I was able to plug and unplug...No change

Okay, when you were trying to adjust color- what was the reason for that?

Was the color obscured on the screen, and was there a loud humming sound or any other noises coming from the set?

Also, when was the last time the Lamp was replaced on this TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The picture has a lot of red tint all over. don't know about noises

Okay, the TV does indeed have a fault and there are several it could be. The set uses a replaceable Lamp that needs to be changed every 2-3 years, and there's also a color wheel that is likely responsible for the red on the screen. Your color wheel is locked up and needs to be replaced. This is why the TV is unresponsive to any of the buttons or commands, and you will need to have a Tech replace the color wheel. The average cost for this type of repair is around $275 parts and labor on this set. There's also a slight possibility that the DMD board that sends commands to the color wheel is what's causing the issue. Unfortunately the set would have to be opened up and assessed in order to determine which. The average cost to have the DMD board replaced is around $400 parts and labor.

I wish I had a quick fix for this today, but these sets are known for this problem and it will require service.

If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.