Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

my Sylvania flat screen will not power on. I am getting 120v

Customer Question

my Sylvania flat screen will not power on. I am getting 120v to the circuit board.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Ok that's a good first check, now using the meter on low dc volts you need to check if the powerboard is working so you will see a fea plug and socket connections going off to the mainboard that's the board with all av connectorss on your looking for voltages like 5vdc 12vdc so that's the red lead that must touch the metal pins on the plugs and black lead to metal chassis

Let me know what you find please

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anthony, thanks for your reply. There are a few terms in your reply I'm not sure of; the fea plug, socket connections, and av connectors. Also, are these the items I need to be checking with my meter?

Thanks,

Charles

Hi

Can you upload a photo of the inside of your set please?you can use the paperclip on your toolbar if you need it or you can use a free photosite like www.imgur.com and send me thelink to the photo, I will send it back to you with the details of the checks

Many Thanks
Anthony