Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My samsung flatscreen HDTV turns itself off and starts clicking?

My samsung flatscreen HDTV turns itself off and starts clicking? it's 6 years old.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Does TV keep clicking until you unplug its power cord?
- Can you please get the model number written on back or side of TV or on its manual copy?

Please provide these info that will help to answer the question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, it keeps clicking until I unplug the cord. sometimes it turns itselfback on if I leave it plugged in. Model #HPT4254X/XAA

Thanks Marc for the reply.

Usually this kind of problem occurs due to bad capacitors in power supply board and replacement of defective capacitors would resolve the problem, this repair may cost approx $200 from local TV repair shop as soldering work on circuit board with proper tools is needed for part replacement.

The good news is Samsung has recall on this issue for several models and your model seems listed (HPT5054X/XAA is listed and yours is 42 inch of same chassis) to get free of cost repair by Samsung tech, please call Samsung 1-888-899-7602 to set up tech visit for FOC repair and check following link for more details.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

even though my model number is XXXXX listed in the recall notice, you think because it's a 42 inch TV that it may some how qualify under the recall? just trying to confirm.

Yes Marc, please tell Samsung folks that your TV screen size is bit different but rest is the same as 50 inch TV, I hope they will accept it as FOC repair case and of course it would be totally their discretion to accept or refuse.
I gave you diagnosis of TV problem and how to fix it.

Hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no further questions. thanks for your help!