Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a 2007 Samsung rear projection tv we replaced the lamp

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Samsung rear projection tv we replaced the lamp 3 months ago ordered the part and my son installed it last night I was watching roku and when I switched to regular tv it wouldn't come back on before the red button stayed on but now there is no light on in the right left hand corner, what do you think is wrong
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what happened, are you saying that you watched Roku without a problem, then when the source was switched to regular TV, the set lost all signs of power? No power light, no lit screen, no fans running, etc.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that's right

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
So there are currently no signs of life at all on the TV- nada correct?

If so, please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds. Release the button, plug the set back in (also try another outlet if the outlets in question), then check the power cord connection at the TV itself, making sure it is secure. Then press power and let me know if anything changes at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am unable to perform what you have suggested I need someone to come to my home that would be more capable. Can you refund my money?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Okay that's no problem Linda. These are the most basic things we can try to correct this problem. At the very least, it's simply a pulled power cord that's loose from the wall. There are no settings in the TV that would cause this issue- it's a power issue. Either a blown breaker in the house, a loose power cord connection, or a blown fuse in the TV. Do you want to at least give checking the power cord a try, or do you still want a refund?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would appreciate a refund