Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

two days ago my mother in law gave us a rca tv not flat screan

Customer Question

two days ago my mother in law gave us a rca tv not flat screan we hooked every in and the wii worked yesterday the power went out turned tv on and the will system dose not input says line 1 on the other tv it has be on line 2 and i can not do it
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

Can you please get me the model numbers off of the back of these TV's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

f35670mb

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

So, are you saying that that after the power outage, that both sets will allow you to display the Input that you normally use, but they will not display an image?

How is the Wii connecting to these TV's- RCA red,white and yellow cables?

Also, do you have a device aside from the Wii that you can test on these TV's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no other device everything is hooked up the same way the poweroutage went ouut

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay I understand it is hooked the same way, but right now we've got two TV's that are not displaying a video signal, and one Wii that could be causing the problem. It's very likely that the outage damaged the Wii's power supply, and that both TV's are fine. However I have no way of knowing without some other device to test. Can you temporarily get a DVD player or something else to test out on these TV's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dvd player workes

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, then the issue is either the Wii needs to be reset, or the power supply on the Wii needs to be replaced.

I can help you with both. Please disconnect the power cord on the Wii, and the adaptor from the back of the Wii for 10 seconds. Then plug in the AC cord, and the adaptor into the Wii. Let me know if you get any signs of life at all on the Wii (power up, then image on one of the TV's, etc.)?

If not, then we need to replaced the AC adaptor. Let me know and I can locate this for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this did not work and input still is on L1 other tvs it has to be on L2 and do not know how to do dose not show on this tv

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so are you saying that you can't change the Input on the TV, or that it's on the correct Input but will now show the Wii picture?

You stated a DVD worked. How did you connect that? What happens if you unplug the DVD and plug the Wii right in where that DVD was connected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the dvd and vcr was already connect with the wii when power went out cant see where to change the input to L2

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
What happens if you keep pressing Input several times, can you change the Input?

Was this different than before the power outage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no can not change differnt settings but none for input change no

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please shut the TV off, then unplug it. Press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and power it up. Try to change the Input and let me know if you have the same problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have to do this tomorrow mourning because the tv we have trouble with is in the bedroom and they are asleep now i will let you know tomorrow thank you for helping so far talk to you tomorrow

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay sounds good. Simply reply back when you can and we'll try to get through this. Have a good night, Aric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this did not work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX eric was the one helping
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I do not have any other ideas on this problem and have not encountered it before. I will need to opt out and open the question to other experts. Regards, Aric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing helped thank you for your time not needed any more use old tv

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you i just hoped i am not charged for full service since my question was not answere you where very helpful and tried Aric