Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

my sony wega 39" is producing a green and red tint today. yesterday,

my sony wega 39" is producing a green and red tint today. yesterday, and for the approximately 15 years i have owned it, it was perfect. it hasnt been disturbed between yesterday and today. is there a way to fix it or should i consider getting a new tv? thanks edward!
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back
2. What is connected to the Tv? antenna/cable to Tv tuner, or satellite/cable box/dvr, or bluray, or dvd, or game, or external sound system/speakers.
3. If you use a satellite/cable box, how is it connected? is it HD? hdmi, component, other
4. Do you have the original Sony Tv remote?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. KDE37XS955

2. cable box/dvr

3. HD

4. yes i have the original sony remote

I bet your cable box is connected with Component cables. That's five cables-
Green, Blue, Red for video
White, Red for audio

If one of the three video wires is not connected properly then you can get a discolored picture. Verify the Green, Blue, Red wires are plugged in all the way on the back of the Tv plugs AND the back of the cable box plugs. Just to be sure, one at a time, unplug each cable and plug them back in securely. It's also easy to accidentally mix up the Red video wire with the Red audio wire, so double check that they are correct.

If this doesn't help then reply here to go to the next step. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here, otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that was it mike! its fixed! thanks!

Excellent. Have a nice evening.