Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sony TV, Model KDL 52 WL 130, My Sony TV has ghosts with

Sony TV, Model KDL 52 WL 130,

My Sony TV has ghosts with split picture.

I see the entire image, but it is layered and overlaps.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this trouble.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Does TV show up normal picture after some time or always have ghosts with split picture issue during all the time?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The TV is at least 5 years old.

The problem first began when I hooked up my PC to it to watch movies via Netflix.

The layered look would disappear and I would get a normal picture once I cut the TV off two or three times.

Just recently, this process failed to work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had the TV for at least 4-5 years.

The problem first started when I hooked my PC up to it to watch movies via Netflix.

The overlapping layered look would disappear when I cut the TV off two or three times.

Thanks Richard for the reply.

Unfortunately, this type of problem is related to display panel and it would be just coincident that problem occurred when computer hooked in TV.
There are two possible causes for this problem, either T-Con board that drives display panel is defective OR display panel internal circuitry is bad and causing the problem.
T-Con board is located on top center of rear of display panel under shield and replacement board is available in approx $50 and its replacement has 50 - 50 chance to resolve the problem, this kind of work should be done by handy person to avoid any damage to display panel and you can expect $150 as labor from local TV repairman if you're not working on TV yourself.

Please check following site link for replacement T-Con board...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=KDL-52WL130

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Shahid.