Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

TV will not turn on.

Customer Question

TV will not turn on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you but unfortunately your Tv has a failure. It will need to be diagnosed and parts inside replaced. At this point you can call a repair shop and expect to pay them $250-$350 depending on what is wrong. Just consider that any repairs will come with a short warranty only on the parts that were replaced so you may want to consider checking prices of new Tv's of similar size because they will come with a full warranty, more features, and better picture quality. You can locate a trusted Tv repair shop near you by entering your information here:
Find Repair Shops

Or you can attempt to diagnose and repair the Tv yourself with some guidance. Just be aware that diagnosing your Tv failure is tricky. Helping you work on the Tv remotely all depends on your ability to follow instructions carefully, provide detailed replies/information, use tools to take apart the Tv and replace parts, possibly test live circuits with a meter and use a soldering tool. This takes time and patience and because of the circumstances there is no guarantee of the outcome or if you will save money or not. Here is one place where you can see the current pricing and availability of boards for this Tv:
KDL-32L4000 Parts

If you do want to attempt a DIY repair then to start you need to count the number or pattern of the blinks on the Tv front panel. Sorry there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here, otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Answer does not apply to my problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your answer does not address my question.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

William,
Your Tv won't turn on. You came here for help on what to do about it. I explained your options- Pay a repair shop or DIY. I can help you save hundreds of dollars if you can use tools to DIY. What part of that doesn't apply? If you want my help, describe what you expect me to do? I am a Tv technician with years of experience, I am here to help you.

If you want to attempt a DIY repair then to start you need to count the number or pattern of the blinks on the Tv front panel.

If the front panel is not doing anything then you need to take the back off the Tv and get your meter ready.