Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I bought a logictech controller from best buy. Ive since moved,

Customer Question

I bought a logictech controller from best buy. I've since moved, have a new tv (same home theatre set up from best buy). How do I program my controller. Bright House can't help
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

what is the model of your logitech?

p0llinate :

In general, most all of the logitech remotes require programming, which is done via a usb cable link to your computer.

p0llinate :

You'll need to install the logitech software if you don't have it on your computer already (you can download it from their site, if needed), connect the remote to usb, then open up the existing programming.

p0llinate :

There, you can easily swap out the new tv model for the old one, it will propagate the new IR codes through all of your macros and remote functions, save the info to the remote, and then you are all set.

JACUSTOMER-5sxd938y- :

Hi Nathan. I think it's an L-LW20?

p0llinate :

I think that is the model of the charging cradle,

p0llinate :

can you have a look at the back of the remote, it will usually start with N-R or something similar

JACUSTOMER-5sxd938y- :

It just says Harmony

JACUSTOMER-5sxd938y- :

Harmony One?

p0llinate :

Does it have a color display screen?

JACUSTOMER-5sxd938y- :

yep

p0llinate :

Full Size Image

p0llinate :

This one?

JACUSTOMER-5sxd938y- :

yep

p0llinate :

If you don't have it already, go here: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/harmony-one-advanced-universal-remote?osid=14&bit=64 to download and install the harmony software.

p0llinate :

Then, hook up the usb cable, and follow these steps for programming:

p0llinate :

Replace an existing device with a related or newer device

You can replace an existing device on your Harmony account with one that is similar (ex. DVD player with a Blu-ray player). Here's how:

1. Follow the steps above to add a device.

2. Locate the new device on the Devices tab.

NOTE: You'll need to know the name of the new device later.

3. Select the Activities tab.

4. Click the settings button next to the activity you want to update with your new device.

5. Select Review the setting for this activity, and then click Next.

6. Select No, I want to run the setup wizard again to change these settings, and then click Next.

7. When prompted, select the new or replacement device to be used for that activity, and then click Next.

8. Complete the setup wizard by selecting the other devices and inputs used in the activity, and then click Next.

NOTE: Inputs may change when you add or replace a device. Confirm the name of the input being used by the replacement device before you add it to an existing activity.

9. On the "Review the settings for this Activity" page, choose:

1. Yes, these settings are correct and then click Next to complete the update.

2. Yes, but I want to add more control of options and devices for this Activity to modify the settings.

OR

3. No, I want to run the setup wizard again to change these settings to completely redo the update.

10. Click Done on the "Set Up Activities: Summary" page.

11. Click Done on the "Select the Activity settings you would like to review or modify" page to return to the Activities tab.

NOTE: To delete an old device from your account, see the instructions below.

12. Connect your Harmony remote to your computer and then click Update Remote.

When the update completes, your remote will control the updated activities using your replacement device.