Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung DLP T.V. Model #HLR6167WAX/XAA. The TV was

I have a Samsung DLP T.V. Model #HLR6167WAX/XAA. The TV was making a winding sound and it would shut off a couple of times when turning on and now it will not turn on at all, you just hear a winding noise and the it shuts off. I need a part but i dont know which one.

Thank You
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

What lights are blinking in the front of the set when it shuts down please?are all 3 blinking?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes all three lights

Hi

When did you replace the color wheel please?how long ago

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

probably a couple years ago

Hi

You are going to need to replace it again, what you are describing is classic bad color wheel symptoms, I did think you was going to say a couple of days ago , the color wheel has a life, its a motor and depending on what type you fitted it will fail, you need to fit the air bearing type you can get one of those from www.partstore.com use the partnumber from the color wheel not model number.
In case you have forgot how to fit the color wheel here is a video to show you how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4pbNjsxfU

Let me know if you need more info please
Please dont forget to rate the answer.Thank You the session will reman open if you need further advice.

Many Thanks
Anthony