Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

32HL67 LCD TV, tv turns on and I get picture for a half a

32HL67 LCD TV,
tv turns on and I get picture for a half a second then the picture goes black
Hello and thank you for the question.

How long have you had the set for?

When you lose the picture- do you still have sound?
Are you able to bring up the TV's MENU when you lose picture?

Do you have a flashlight nearby?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've had the TV since 2007, I bought it new.

I continue to have sound and can change the channel (on the cable box) and the sound changes with the cable-box channel.

I have tried to pull up the menu and change the TV channel but there is no difference in the picture

Yes I have a flashlight

Thank you.

Try this: When the image goes black, shine your flashlight at a 45 degree angle to the screen (not quite touching it), and look very very closely. Are you able to see a dim, shadowy image almost visible behind the screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why YES, yes I did. the light source must be the issue

Yes, the Backlight Inverter is shutting down soon after the set is powered. The issue could be the Inverter board itself, or the power supply DC output that rives the Inverter. Are you looking to try to repair this yourself, and if so- do you have a Meter?

Or are you looking to see what this will cost to fix as well as a service locator?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

B.

I have a meter, but it is dangerous in my hands.

can you guestimate the cost of repair and recommend a repair location please?

There issue is either caused by a failing/faulty component on the power supply in the 15-20 volt output that drives the inverters, in which case you're looking at around $175-$200 parts and labor for repairs.

Or one of the transformers on the Inverter board is bad in which case the Inverter would be replaced. Average cost for this repair is around $150 parts and labor.

If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

www.tvrepair.pros.com

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.