Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Samsung LCD/LED with a small but significant scratch.

I have a Samsung LCD/LED with a small but significant scratch. It appears the actual film on the screen is scratched to the point that on a dark scene, the white light comes through the scratch and is very annoying. Is there a repair patch or substance that can be applied to mitigate this?

Hello and thank you for the question.

Unfortunately no there isn't a repair for the screen as a portion of the screen on your set has actually lost it's liquid crystal. There are completely sealed screens and there is no type of repair that can be performed that will fix this. The LCD panel itself would need to be replaced. The cost of a new panel is almost as much as a new TV, and that is when you can actually find the panel available. I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for, but aside from purchasing a used/broken UN55C6400 with a good screen and salvaging the screen from that set, there isn't any other solution for this problem.

If you need further assistance let me know and I will be glad to assist you.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate me accordingly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just one more point of clarification please. I can actually feel and see a tiny piece of film that has been peeled away from the screen at this scratch. Is this the actual liquid crystal?

It may not be the liquid crystal it may actually be the black film inside the screen that seperates the crystal from the CFFL lighting inside the screen. Again though, the CFFL lighting, the LCD, and the protective plastic on the front of the screen are all one piece.