Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How do I find the code to get my Maxent 50X5 remote to work

Customer Question

How do I find the code to get my Maxent 50X5 remote to work with my Scientific Atlanta (comcast) cable box?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for the question.

You will not be able to get a code to allow you to use the Maxent remote for a Cable Box. Most TV remote's cannot be programmed to operate a cable box, what you'd do instead is try to find a code for the Cable remote to operate the TV.

How many digits does the Sci-At box require for programming?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure. My first remote worked with cable box but broke. Got this identical remote from my daughter. We bought tv's at the same time. Remote is RC-282. Must have been something in the manual that allowed me to use the original one. I can use the cable remote to operate the tv but, the tv remote is more comfortable

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay I cannot locate a manual for this TV so I will open the question to other experts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would think, since this a monitor without a tuner, there would have to be a way to do thi

Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

. I have given up. My expert has left me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am closing my question unanswered.