Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

my tft lcd tf tv 3229m t,v, will not turn on

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I'm Dan.

How old is the Coby? Is it warranted?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about ten months

probably not

Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

This definitely sounds to be an internal failure. Have you tried disconnecting the power cord for 5+ minutes? If not, try that now then click "REPLY TO EXPERT" to let me know the results.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have tried the re-boot routine

Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

In that case, this would definitely require repair. The good news, is Coby warrants the parts inside their 32-inch TVs for a full year. Warranty is only covered for 90 days.

The most probable cause for symptoms like this is a faulty power supply board, although I've seen the main board cause things like this, as well.

There are basically 2 choices here...

1. Call Coby at 877-302-2629 to set up a warranty return. Shipping would be $30, and you'd pay for labor... but the parts would be covered under the warranty.
2. We can repair this ourselves. I'd be happy to assist you in performing the repairs. You'd have to pay for parts that way, but labor would be free.

Either way is fine with me... just let me know which route you'd like to take.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up on the Coby, Dick. Were you able to call Coby about the warranty?