Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Toshiba CT90337 TV and recently part of the picture

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba CT90337 TV and recently part of the picture is blacked-out. can you help me resolve this? My phone number is XXXXX
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 3 years ago.

Hi and welcome,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, please bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Toshiba TV. The model number is XXXXX stenciled / printed on a name plate at the back of the TV.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CALL ME AT XXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Louie replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, but site policies prohibits direct contact.

As inquired above, "...
post back with the complete model number of the Toshiba TV..." please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I CANT GET TO THE BACK. THE NUMBER ON THE REMOTE IS CT 90337. ITS A 36 INCH PURCHASED IN 2000

Expert:  Louie replied 3 years ago.
I understand.

The model number is XXXXX significant as it is necessary in determining the likely cause and then of course, a proposed repair approach.

Please consider:
  • • if it is a CRT type TV, then possibly vertical issue;
  • if it is an LCD, then a backlighting concern likely an inverter fault.

As this would almost always be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, pre-requisite would be access to and familiarity with a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron/hot-air station.