Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65907 (rear projection) that has no

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65907 (rear projection) that has no picture. On reading other posts on the net, I performed the diagnostic test and the result was 2 blinking lights, pause, two blinking lights.

I had an appliance repair guy take a look at it and he told me the power supply (930B867001) was bad - this part is discontinued, but I found an onsite resource (Moduslink Parts) that says they can repair it.

Thinking I could remove the card, I removed the back of the TV to access the card and saw what I believed to be the circuit board (power cord connected to the card). However it seems all the circuit boards are connected to one another and I don't want to make matters worse by breaking anything.

Long story, short, I need help. I have a background in electronics (used to work on aircraft) so I know how to use a multimeter, but obviously I'm not a TV repair guy.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.

A 2 blink pause 2 blink code is not a power supply fault in this TV. It's a convergence circuit failure. There are two STK chips and a couple of Pico fuses that make up this circuit, and the chips and fuses must be replaced. I don't know why the appliance person told you power supply- but this is not correct. There is a video at the link below that shows how to access the board that you need to remove to replace the chips.

The chips are at locations: IC8C01 267P150010 HIC, and IC8C02 267P150010 HIC

Part number for the chips are: STK392-570

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please rate the answer accordingly.