Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Maxent huge screen tv with 1 HDMI port. The port

I have a Maxent huge screen tv with 1 HDMI port. The port worked on and off, so we fiddled with the cable, eventually bent the cable so bought a new cable, and now the port doesn't seem to work at all. Get a blue screen. Tried the new cable on the backtv and it worked, so its not the cable.

The tv is so huge and beautiful and wallmounted that I would love to repair it. How do I repair an HDMI port on a maxent? No warranty, its several years old by now.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.
Hi and welcome,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, please bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Maxent. This is to determine if the replacement parts / board would still be available.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

i need to take it off the wall for that: need my husband to do that so will have to come back to you later.

Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.
I understand Susan and please exercise due care and caution.

Appreciate the update now and again later when able.

Cheers.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Model is P500550HMD.

Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.
Susan, appreciate the additional information...but perhaps an MX-50X3 P500550-HM8?

Still on "...How do I repair an HDMI port on a maxent?...", the simplest to implement would be to replace the Main / Image Board. The actual part number would be largely dependent on the revisions carried out and therefore must be taken from the existing board. It would be something like DPWB11522-MPP-D and would look lime the product shown HERE. Replacement boards may be inquired HERE and HERE.

Options then are:
  • • consider a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair if and only if comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry, use of a DVM/VOM, a soldering iron/station and safe practices with electrically powered devices. Access to a Service Manual or at the very least, a schematic diagram would be a necessity;
  • • should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an independent repair shop / qualified professional;
  • • evaluate other options considering cost of repair, down time, cost of shipping, age, parts availability and comparable prices of newer/better models.

Hopefully, the above service information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a rating if so warranted. Otherwise, please post back should further assistance be needed or a new question for your other concerns.

Good luck and thank you for the opportunity to be able to share the information.
Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.