Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

While wiping/cleaning the remote (Harmony 900) our TV went

While wiping/cleaning the remote (Harmony 900) our TV went on permanent mute (Sony 52W3000). Sound works if we play a DVD. How to undo whatever happened?
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

Do you see a mute symbol on the display please?

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite box/cable box/antenna/cable straight?

Let me know please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes there is a mute symbol and it is not engaged. I have tried clicking on mute and then taking it off but that didn't work. We are cable with a DVD box and a cable box. The remote turns on the cable & TV simultaneously

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you still there?

OK its probably a software glitch on the cable side of the box what you need to do is unplug the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug the box back in again it may be an idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

Let me know the result of that please

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or a conclusion reached if not please press "reply to expert"tab without rating and I will continue to help.

Many Thanks