Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main

we have a bravia kdl-40z4500.Ever since new the picture will

Customer Question

we have a bravia kdl-40z4500.Ever since new the picture will occassionally disappear for a few seconds with only the hdmi symbol at top left. We thought it might be to do with sky but they tell us that if the blue light remains on the decoder when this happens then it is not a sky problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

During the fault condition if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control
does the menu show up OK or not please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks Anthony. Will try this next time it happens but only happens randomly and then for only up to 3 to 5 seconds. Seems as though it is trying to reset something. Will get back to you when we are able to try this suggestion

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks Anthony. Will try this next time it happens but only happens randomly and then for only up to 3 to 5 seconds. Seems as though it is trying to reset something. Will get back to you when we are able to try this suggestion. Not up with tech stuff-- which is the menu button on the remote control, is it the round button in middle?

Hi

OK a better check is this please let me know if it does the same thing whenyour using a dvd player or similar

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Fault occurs when not using dvd or any other device
. It seems to happen in 'nests' ie 3 or 4 times within half an hour and maybe not again for a couple of hours. Definetly occurs when not using dvd

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

One thing that may or may not be of significance- when the screen goes blank and we miss some viewing we are able to reverse on mysky and view the missing parts. Thanks for your responses however this may take some time to sort as only happens occassionally and we now away from the tv-- back in 24 hours

Hi

You do have a problem either with the sky box itself OR the lead that feeds the tv from the box,the first thing to do is reboot the box by un plugging it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging the box back in again try the set again if you still have problems consider replacing the lead if the lead is hdmi do that anyhow with a new hdmi lead,if both of these solutions don't work then their is a problem with the box and the box will need to be replaced,just because the lights on does not mean you don't have a problem with box so don't listen to that lip service
Please let me know if you need more info

Please remember to rate the answer.

The session will remain open even after rating.

Many thanks
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks and will try those suggestions. Will certainly add a " bonus" if the problem is fixed following your advice but will have to wait awhile to see if it works

Hi

Yes please keep me updated on this thank you, if you need further help please ask it is however my belief that you do have a problem with the box

Many Thanks for rating

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rated you excellent in all regards. We think the problem is solved with a week going past and no problems but last night the screen went blank for 2 seconds then came right and as we were watching live sport hope it was a problem at their end and not ours. We had been advised in the past to turn off the power to the sky box and wait 5 minutes before turning on again. We did this by turning off rather than unplugging as you suggested. Could the solution have been that it needed to be unplugged and just not to be switched off
Hi

Just keep an eye on it
It may have been an issue at the transmitter end so see how it goess any problems let me know

Thank you

Anthony