Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

my olevia 242t will not power up. when I adjust the on/off

my olevia 242t will not power up. when I adjust the on/off switch on the back, the blue light on the power button lights up for 1 second and then disappears. Any suggestions?
Hello and thank you for the question.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Has the TV ever shut itself off previously, or was hard to power up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have owned it for 5+ years and it has performed flawlessly until today. I turned it off earlier using the front power button and now it will not turn on again

Thank you.

This can be caused by one of two things.

Let's try a hard reset of the TV. Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. Wait a half a minute, then plug the set back in and press power once. Let me know if you have the same problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that fixed it. Thanks a lot.

Excellent and I am glad to hear it's working! If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the service accordingly.