Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I cannot get my tv to turn on. It has power from the outlet

I cannot get my tv to turn on. It has power from the outlet but doesn't respond to the remote (with new batteries) or the on/off button on the side of the set.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Does power indicator light turn On when TV power cord plugs in?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the power indicator light is On when the TV power cord plugs in.

I've had the set for about 6-7 years. It is used very infrequently. It was working on Tuesday night (via Xfinity) but would not come on yesterday. The cable is working fine.

Thanks for the reply.

Please reply following couple of questions to sort out the issue..

- Does power light turn On and Off / blink on TV?

- Do you see any light or on-screen display on TV screen or does menu show up if press menu button on TV remote?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The power light stays on all the time, does not turn off. No blinking.

There is no light at all, the screen remains black. Menu does not show up when the menu button is pressed.

Thanks for the reply.

Based on provided info, it seems TV has got internal hardware failure, unfortunately and suspected boards are either power supply that is not providing 24V supply to back light inverter board to generate light in display panel or main board that doesn't turn On back light inverter board for some reason.

It needs further trouble shooting inside TV to check power supply output volts going to inverter board with voltmeter to determine is it power board or main board causing the problem.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and we need to go inside TV to sort out bad board, however, there is one simple test, get good flash light and point it to TV screen closely with an angle while TV is On, do you see faint image in display panel?

Please post back info about your observation and if you do not want to work on it yourself then local TV repairman will do this job for you and you can expect $100 to $120 repair cost on this problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've tried the flashlight move, and nothing could be seen on the screen. I have decided to buy a new TV rather than have this one repaired. Thanks for your help. Oh, by the way, can you recommend a good, reliable 26" or 27" TV? What brand, etc.?

Please give me few minutes to search good brand TV for you.

Hi again,

There is good 26 inch LCD of Vizio brand, please check following link...

Other brands like Sony or LG or Samsung has no LCD of such size.
Hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!