Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

cant select the hdmi2 (or the pc) input on my lcd tv model

can't select the hdmi2 (or the pc) input on my lcd tv model 32L 4200U. they are in light print as opposed to the other 3 possible inputs. I am trying to connect my computer - it works fine if I plug it in hdmi1 but not hdmi2.
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Have you tried rebooting the set by unplugging from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?

We need to try easy things first thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just tried that - no change. did not work

because it works fine in HDMI 2 the HDMI 1 socket is damaged unfortunately that will mean that the main board will need replacing their is no other way round this the socket cant be replaced because its soldered in using the wave principal soldering technique
Do you think you can do that yourself?I will provide more details.

Or do you think it may be worth getting a splitter for the HDMI that you have working?a new board may cost $80-$120

Let me know please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

holy mackerel

no, I can't do that myself. I'll just exchange cables when I need to. thanks for the help

You can use a splitter that will stop you having to do that you can get one of those from radio shack

Let me know if you need more info
Please dont forget to rate the answer.Thank You

Many thanks