Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I cant get my Sylvania HDTV, model #LC420SS8, to get a picture.

I can't get my Sylvania HDTV, model #LC420SS8, to get a picture. It is connected to Dish Network correctly,(Had a technician out to connect), but the TV and Dish have separate remotes. The TV had been set at "00" and was fine, then the TV remote was accidentally used to change channels. Now I can't get it to go back to "00". It just sits there, with HDMI1 on the screen. Tried Auto Scan, but says "No channel is registered" and it won't let me register one!

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

can you tell me how the dish box is connected to the tv? Trace the cord going between them, and tell me the label you see on the port that it is plugged into at the back of the tv.

Customer:

yellow, white and red plugs from dish box (video) into video on TV. Screw-in port has a black cable from TV that goes nowhere; USB cable that goes from HD Digital Output from box to TV

Customer:

Sorry it took so long! I was having a hard time with multiple cables

p0llinate :

That's okay

p0llinate :

USB?

p0llinate :

I think that may be a hdmi cable,

p0llinate :

can you grab your Sylvania remote (or use the buttons on the tv itself), look for a button that says INPUT, SOURCE, or VIDEO

p0llinate :

Press it,

p0llinate :

you may need to press multiple times, to cycle through the different input modes.

Customer:

does tv need to be on?

p0llinate :

Cycle through all the hdmi (hdmi 1, 2, 3, etc) until you get a picture from the satellite box.

p0llinate :

Yes, the tv needs to be turned on for this.

p0llinate :

If you don't get anything on hdmi, keep going and check for an input called Composite, AUX, or Video

p0llinate :

You should get satellite on one of these.

Customer:

Woot! We have it! Thanks sooooo much!

p0llinate :

Great! Glad to hear it worked,

p0llinate :

you are very welcome.

p0llinate :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise please remember to rate me using the “excellent service” smiley face below to close out our chat. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,