Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Hitachi 51UWX20B TV. I have blue & yellow curves at

I have a Hitachi 51UWX20B TV. I have blue & yellow curves at the top and bottom of the screen. Also where there may be wording like the channel "USA" it has a blue shadow of the same wording.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Does your tv have a button at the front called " magic focus" and does it seem to help when you press it or just doesn`t do anything ?

Did this happen all of sudden or just gradually got worse ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have tried the Magic Focus (not Color Magic, my bad). This just happened yesterday

O.k then it would look like your TV's convergence circuit went defective I`m afraid.

This is actually a common problem for rear projection TV's and there are kits available to repair this that cost $64.95 for your model

These kits come with instructions and there is even a video that shows you how its done.

You would need a solder iron and some de-soldering equipment though to perform this repair.

If you are interested I will give you the details ?

To have this repaired by a shop would cost you around $250 done at home .

Be right back with some more info

This is the link to this kit , yours is the one at the top of the page (convergence repair kit)

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/51uwx20b/

If you go for the repair shop option then click on the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions or need help with this repair.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks!

No problem, much welcome and you can reach me here at any time after this chat is closed if you have questions or need help

Thank you very much for the "excellent" rating and bonus.