Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have a PT-56LCZ7 with power on it some time the picture goes

Customer Question

I have a PT-56LCZ7 with power on it some time the picture goes blank the green light flashes and some times the red light flashes any ideals
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the tv,

p0llinate :

do you notice any pattern to the green/red lights? Does the picture stay on and work normally sometimes?

p0llinate :

There is a high probability this is just the lamp at the end of its life, and replacing that bulb will often fix this type of problem.

Customer :

some times the picture goes out completely and he sound some times does not come back on when the tv does. some times the picture is very very faded and then comes back on this may happen 5-10 times before it comes on for a while

p0llinate :

That does sound like a lamp problem to me.

Customer :

any ideals

p0llinate :

You'll need to replace the bulb. It is fairly simple, and can be done with basic hand tools. If you're up for doing it yourself, I'll send you a link to order the part, and some instructions.

p0llinate :

If you don't want to do it yourself, I can help you find a local tech to do the job.

Customer :

I will be happy to do it my self

p0llinate :

Okay

p0llinate :

There is the part, you can use that same TY-LA1000 part number to search elsewhere if you wish as well. Genuine OEM (panasonic branded) bulbs tend to be better quality and last longer, but are much more expensive. This is a generic model, and much cheaper.

p0llinate :

Here is a video (CLICK FOR LINK) that will show you how to install the lamp

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Different expert here. I'm Dan. Your TV does not use a TY-LA1000 lamp. It's actually a very different process altogether, and is very unlike most other rear projection TVs. I'd like to discuss it with you and explain your options as best I can. Please let me know if you'd still like further assistance with this, and it would be my pleasure to help.