Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG TV THAT IS 6 YEARS OLD. MODEL HL-S5087W. IT DOES NOT TURN ON. WHEN I TRY TO PUT IT ON THE RED LIGHT SWITCHES TO A GREEN BLINKING LIGHT FOR THE TIMER AND LAMP MODES. IT THEN CONTINUES TO KEEP SWITCHING ON IT'S OWN BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN RED AND GREEN OR SOMETIMES ALL 3 ARE BLINKING. IS THIS A FIXABLE PROBLEM WITH THE MOTHERBOARD OR DO I NEED TO PURCHASE A NEW TV. THIS TV IS DLP. THANK YOU xxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. When you try to turn on the Tv, get close to the back of the unit, what do you see and hear? clicking, whirring, is the lamp flickering on at all?
2. Has any parts or work been done to the Tv? what? when?
3. Do you have previous experience with DIY electronics repair like using a meter or soldering etc?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR I AM NO LONGER INTERESTED IN GETTING YOUR HELP.

DO NOT CHARGE ME ANY MORE THAN THE $5 DEPOSIT.

I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH YOUR ANSWERE.

xxxxx xxxxxxxx