Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

tv goes on and off and on

tv goes on and off and on
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Is picture go On and Off or sound as well?

- Does power light on TV blink during On and Off time?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

- Any repair or part replacement done in TV in past?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes go on and off with sound as well

yes

dont now

only in the pass week

no

Thanks Tommy for the reply.

Symptoms of TV shows the lamp in TV is about to fail / at end of working hours life and requires replacement.
It is normal with lamp in this TV as it has limited lifespan and goes out every few years, some times it popped and you get Lamp light on TV and some times exactly same symptoms appear.

Lamp replacement is easy and user level repair, written in TV user manual page, following link is to download user manual copy, if needed.

www.docs.sony.com/release/KDFE42-50A10.pdf

and required Sony original replacement lamp is available in Sony Parts (official site).

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11040967

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the lamp is new only a mouth or two old can you check this with your file on this TV ss#8522954 thank you

Hi Tommy,

- Where did you buy that lamp and do you remember the price?
- Did you get any warranty with that lamp?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no my soninlaw got the lamp and did not tell me the price .can i buy the lamp with you .

I'm sorry we do not sell or ship parts as we are pay per question and answer website.

I mentioned Sony site link in my previous answer to buy Sony original replacement lamp, did you check that link? if not, here it is again..

Please copy the link and paste in browser to view the lamp and its price.
There are counterfeit lamps available in less price all over internet that wont last longer, I would recommend to avoid such low price lamps.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Thank you.

Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you Shahid for your help tom

You're welcome Tom,

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions, I'll reply by tomorrow as I'm now going offline.

Thank you.