Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

I get a flashing red light when I try to turn my Panasonic

I get a flashing red light when I try to turn my Panasonic 46" HD TV on and it will not come on. I have pulled the plug on it a couple of times and that worked before but now it hasn't worked this time.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

The blinking LED is a clue. Count how many times it blinks between longer pauses. Then, to really be accurate with my answer, I will need the full model number of he the set. It will be on the back.

If you can't get me the model, I can only give you a general idea of the problem.

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it flashes twice between pauses. My TV is wall mounted to I can not get the number. I purchased it in about 2009 though

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you still on line to assist me?

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Assuming that this is a 10th gen Panasonic Plasma (which I can only assume from the date of purchase), 2 blinks is a loss of +15V DC on the power supply board.

It is often the power supply board (P Board) that is bad but it could also be the

D, H, PB, SC, SS, or DG boards.

There is a troubleshooting routine to determine which board is bad. I can walk you through this as I do with many of my customers. You would need a good multimeter that can measure volts and impedance and some basic tools. The back would need to come off the TV.

A typical board is about $100-$150 and that would be your total expense. If you decide to call in a tech, you can probably double that at least for parts and labor. You can find a tech at www.tvrepairpros.com

The TV will have to come off the wall. When it does, grab the model number so that I can revise my answer if necessary. I w ill be happy to help you for as long as it takes.

I'm sorry that there is no quick and easy fix for this problem. You definitely have a board failure inside the TV.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards

Steve

Steve G., Technician
Experience: VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have to bite the bullet and call a tech and get an estimate. I may just get a new TV if not too much difference in cost...thank you...Bud