Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

mitsubishi ws-65315 wont turn on. light flashes once then

mitsubishi ws-65315 won't turn on. light flashes once then goes out. i unplugged it for 10 minutes and then it flashed when plugged in. still won't work
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. Did you notice anything strange about the picture or sound prior to the Tv not turning on?
2. Has any parts or work been done on the Tv? what? when?
3. Do you have previous experience with DIY electronics repair like using a meter and soldering?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the tv worked fine. turned it off, then turned it back on when it stopped working. i do have some meter and soldering skills but don't have a meter at this time. I just want to know if it is worth fixing

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well, the Tv has an internal circuit failure. The Tv will need to be diagnosed and parts will need to be replaced. The parts can be $20 to $250. If you want to DIY then to start you can extract an error code from the Tv that can tell us what might be wrong with the Tv. After the Tv shuts down (dont unplug it), walk up to the front panel, press and hold the MENU and INPUT buttons until the light on the front starts blinking. It will be a two digit code like 3 blinks pause 4 blinks repeat, or 5 blinks pause 6 blinks repeat. You can reply here when you have the error code.

If you are not able to perform the diagnosis and repair procedures then a repair shop will likely charge $250-$300 labor depending on if you take the Tv to them or if they come to you. Any repairs that are done will likely come with a 90 day warranty. If/When something else breaks on the Tv you will have to pay for more repairs. To find a local repair shop near you just enter your info here:
Find local repair shops

Sorry there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here, otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

22

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
That is a very common failure and has a known fix. If you have good soldering skills then you can buy this kit and DIY-
Buy Convergence Repair Kit Here

Mike G., Technician
Experience: 10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup