Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

37MF321D/37magnavox i have this tv. sometimes when i push the

37MF321D/37magnavox i have this tv. sometimes when i push the power button on the remote or tv, it comes on no problem other times it will not come on or it comes on then goes right off.or it comes on goes right back off several times. like im holding the button down but im not.please help
Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?
- When it comes On, does it display normal picture during all time?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the tv is about five years old.its a bedroom tv so its not used much.when it comes on it works properly

Thanks for the reply.

This kind of problem occurs due to failing power supply board because of capacitors or devalued resistors or cold soldering joints etc due to aging factor.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and we need to replace power supply board in TV that would resolve the problem.

If you wish to working on it yourself then please take off back cover of TV and get the part number written on power supply board to search / google it for price and availability to get replacement power board or local TV repair shop will do this job and you can expect $170 to $200 repair cost (parts plus labor).
Please click http://www.tvrepairpros.com/ if you need to locate TV repair shops in area to get repair quote.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Shahid.