Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My picture went off and the power light is blinking red. A

My picture went off and the power light is blinking red. A cable service rep just came by and tells me all is OK with the cable equipment and the TV is probably ruined because of a surge. The TV is a three year old Panasonic TC-P42C2 Plasma. Do you have any suggestions other than buying a new TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Did the tv quit while you were watching it or just would not turn on today ?

While there is no picture , do you still have sound ?

About that blinking light , very often there will be an error code indicated by the number of blinks , could you count the number of blinks in between short pauses ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was watching the TV, thought I heard a click as the picture and sound both went off.

There are ten blinks between the short pauses.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then the 10 blinks code can be a bit tricky on this model as it usually can be caused by one of 3 boards that cause a 15 volts line to shutdown .

This line also feeds sub voltages like 9 ,5 and 3.3 volts .

Without getting too much into details I can tell you that these boards are called the SC,SS and possibly P board although the service manual also list The A board which is the main board as a possible suspect.

To make a long story short , this will require some serious troubleshooting.

I can give you the prices of each individual boards and what you may expect as far as repair cost goes but just offhand I would say that you are looking at possibly $300 to have this repaired.

If you are still interested to have this repaired

then click on the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and note that you can reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note that there is just so much that i can do from where i`m sitting and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then i will get you a refund instead, just say the word.

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech