Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

Screen shows muti- colored lines that run in tight vertical

Screen shows muti- colored lines that run in tight vertical lines..connected to cable and everything else appears to be normal; sound, changes channels, etc.
KDL-60EX700 LCD Digital Color TV purchased 8/18/2010
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the fault condition does the menu come up clear?or with the lines OVER the menu?or does the menu not come up at all please?

Let me know please
Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

lines are over the menu and unreadable..i do hear a bong when pressing menu

Hi

So you can see the menu below the lines however its unreadable.You have sound OK and everything else seems functional
I hate to have to tell you this but you have either a bad LCD panel(very likely)OR a bad tcon bad (less likely)
The tcon board cant be checked unfortunately it can only be replaced to eliminate it, if its still the same it further confirms panel failure.
To replace the panel is not an option due to the cost
You should in the first instance complain to sony via the website www.sony.com manuf are very aware of panel failure its very common I see it almost on a daily basis.

I am sorry for this poor news.

Please let me know if you need more info or further clarification.

Many Thanks
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not see the menu on screen at all.....there is movement behind lines, but not a clue as to what it is. just hear the bong when pressing menu button on remote control.
Guess we are looking at same results?

Hi gwinn

Yes multicolored lines are a common symptom of a bad panel (screen)to be technical, its the tabbing within the panel that contains the address line the glue holding the tabbing comes adrift so you end up with all weird an bizzarre things one being multicolored lines.It doesnt matter if you can or cant see the menu the result is the same, the menu confirms the panel as its directly injected into the panel from the mainboard so their is nothing in front of this (other than the tcon board) its a direct injection.Their is an outside chance of tcon board failure however in my experience with sony this symptom is 90% of the time the panel itself.

Once again I do hate to have to pass this news on to you panel failure is very common I always encourage people to get as much extended warrenty as possible pref as part of the sale at no extra cost , cover should be 4 or 5 years.

Let me know if you need more info
Please remember to rate the answer.Thank You

Many Thanks
Anthony