Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

We have a Samsung LCD TV, Model LN46C630, bought it new about

We have a Samsung LCD TV, Model LN46C630, bought it new about 3 years ago. Several months ago, it would randomly start flickering but maintained the same brightness. Over time, it has increased in frequency and now not only flickers (flashes), but also, the screen goes dim, almost black.
Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Does this happen on all video sources connected to TV like watching DVD or cable channels etc?
- Would you like to repair TV yourself and can take off back cover of TV to do so?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, with any source it does this.

Would like to try to trouble shoot ourselves.

Thanks Jennia for the reply.

Please remove screws around back panel of TV to take off back cover and check power supply board part number written on sticker, is it BN4400341B ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, cover is off, and yes that's the board #

Thanks for the info.

Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet and check this image of power supply board where I marked jumper JP852 that need to be cut on board with wire-cutter, please make sure jumper should not touch to any other jumper nearby.
Replug TV and check picture.
Please post back how it worked.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so far, it is working. we are giving it a few more minutes to run to see if continues to work. It sometimes would work for 5-10 minutes, then quit. Funny that cutting something would make it work.

No problem, please take your time and post back how it worked. Smile

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well...this is the longest amount of time that it has been clear. I guess it fixed least for the time being

Excellent Jennia, it is fixed and back in business.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Have nice time!