Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Hi, I have one of your Tvs in my RV to use the antena on the

Hi, I have one of your Tv's in my RV to use the antena on the rv with the tv (2009) do i need to get a converter? It is a flat screen. on the front it has the HD and some other things the TV is equiped with.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first I must say that we are not the Olevia company or affiliated in any way with them.

We are a questions and answers website and yes I do know olevia TV's .

That being said , it is possible that your tv does not need a converter if it was made in 2009 , that is the year where the OTA (over the air) signals change from analog to digital.

Your tv may be capable of receiving those signals but to be sure I would need the model number written on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is mounted and I would have to try to take it off the bracket to see the model is there any other way to tell? it has all the bells on it.

What size is it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

25 to 27

O.k then let me see what I can find before taking it off the bracket.

Be back shortly

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have to step out of my office I will be right back

Sorry it took a while .

So far it would seem that pretty much all the models made in that size (26 and 27 ") for that year were all analog tuner which would require a digital to analog converter.

If you look in the TV's menu under setup ,channel setup and tuner mode ,can you see anything about digital tuner mode or anything digital ?

If so then what you would need to do in that same menu would be to set the tuner mode to AIR and perform a AUTO SEARCH .

Try the auto search in any case and tell me if it comes up with a few channels.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried that and it will not pick up any channels

O.k then if it did not pickup anything in AIR mode, it means that it does not a DTA converter.

There are quite a few models of them and usually you can get something very decent for $40 or less , here is an example;

This one has a standard audio/video output to your tv.

On the other hand you would get a HD picture with the one below;

That one has a HDMI output , so it is digital all the way , if you go for that one or a similar then also get a HDMI cable that you will need to connect it to the tv.

Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and note that you can reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.