Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My 36 inch Sony Bravia is flashing between a black screen and

My 36 inch Sony Bravia is flashing between a black screen and a fuzzy screen with no sound. When I did a diagnostic check, the TV said it could find no digital signal. At first I thought is was the cable, but my other TV works fine. I also checked the connections and they are solid. It was working this morning but now all I get is the flashing between black screen and fuzzy white
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-If you push the MENU (or home) button on the tv itself, does the menu show on the screen?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just turned the TV on via the TV instead of the remote. I got an HDMI error message telling me to turn off the TV and turn it back on. I did that via the remote and now the TV works. Go figure. Anyway the TV is 13 years old and I had never had this problem before.

OK so the tv is working now? NO problems?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problems. It is working now. Is it about to die on me?

I would not think so. It sounded to me from the beginning like there was a hiccup in the EEPROM, its common for a tv like this to do it once in a while. Normally unplugging or turning on and off a few times clears it and it starts working.

Of course its possible it could act up again, if it does let me know and we will troubleshoot....but I would say rest easy at this point, its probably going to be fine.

Let me know if you need anything at all.