Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have a Panasonic PT-60DL54 that just had a bulb change.

I have a Panasonic PT-60DL54 that just had a bulb change. Upon turning on we now have a yellow oval circle in center on screen? what the heck is this?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. If you press menu on the original TV remote, is the MENU covered by the yellow circle or does it appear over the circle? Also is this a distinct circle, or more like an obscure "blob" on the screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is on everything that shows on the TV. I think its pretty distinct. I can try to attach pictures if that helps.

Yes if you could please attach a picture that will help determine what this circle is all about. If you have trouble attaching you can also email a picture to:[email protected] and put Attn:Aric in the heading please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sent them via email to email you provided

Thank you. It may take the site Administration several hours to send me them (sometimes I get them right away as well though). I will reply back once I see them.

Best regards, Aric
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. thanks

No problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sounds like the pictures were forwarded last night.....please let me know after the review them.

thanks again!

I was not sent an e-mail with any pictures attached from Just Answer. Were you able to put "Attn: Aric" in the heading of the E-mail?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. then they asked me for my email associated with acct and I provided that. i received another saying it was sent to you and I could contact you accordingly.....

let me try again thru kept giving me error messages yesterday.

The error message is very common. I am looking at my e-mail page on another screen right now and I haven't received an e-mail from them yet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, I don't know what happened on their end. I really want to see this picture and figure out what is wrong with your TV. I will try to contact a Moderator and see if they can assist here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will also see if I can pull this site up on my phone and attach pic that way.....might be my work server that is blocking

Okay that sounds good. I've got someone looking into it as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just tried to send them again through the support people.

phone wouldn't work either

I'm e-mailing support right now as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

any luck yet?

Yes, they said that there was no e-mail sent to them with any pictures attached from your e-mail address. Did you actually send attachments to that e-mail address?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ugh........seriously!! Yes, 2 pics to them. that's ridiculous...I sent two pics yest......then 2 more again this morning .

Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you,

- Can you please upload those pictures to any photo sharing site like or and post the link of uploaded pictures to view them?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can try that......will his be sent to Aric ??

We both will see them, Aric is opted out from this question and now I'll try best to assist you.
If you want to work with him, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh....I enjoyed Aric, but I need an answer..... try this...

" homefinderkane's images are not publicly available "

Please unlock those images as it might set to private view.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, didn't know that.

try again.....should be good now.

Yes, its OK now and I just received 2 pictures from JustAnswer customer service as well that you sent.

Unfortunately, it is problem of light engine (optical block) of TV that generates an image to be projected on TV front screen.
Light engine replacement would resolve the problem but it would cost good money like $700 to $800 that seems very high and new TV of same size would be available in that amount.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh man. Someone mentioned that to me but I read online had the same issue and had Panasonic reformat the color correction and screen and it went away.

Any thought on that?

I'm sorry I don't see any info about Panasonic recall on this issue, however, you may please Contact Panasonic directly if they can offer any thing or discount on new TV as compensation.

Thank you.