Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Sony Bravia, LCD Television, Model #KDL40BX420. Im

I have a Sony Bravia, LCD Television, Model #KDL40BX420. I'm having trouble with the
HDMI connections, 1 & 2. The tv works ok however after repeated checking of the cables and new dish box, I still have the same problem, "no signal'. Is it possible to get the HDMI portion of this tv repaired?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

How long have you owned the set for please?

Also, I read the question and agree 100% that the issue is isolated to the HDMI Inputs on the TV. The question I have, is are you looking to repair this yourself if I can find you a source to purchase the correct part?

Or are you looking for a repair estimate and service locator?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Aric, Not sure, probably two years. I don't believe I'm capable of repairing it my self. Just would like to know if its worth getting repaired or replaced. I still can get the tv picture if I hook up the dish box to the tv with the 3 cabled cord, red, yellow and white but buy doing so I can not watch my dvd player simultaneously. The only way I can do that is with the HDMI Cable

Thank you for the reply. The component in the TV that needs to be replaced is the Mainboard. It is a plug in board that's only held in place via a few screws and if you've ever replaced a card in a PC, or done anything similar then you can do this yourself. If you're not comfortable with this type of repair, a shop will charge you around $300 parts and labor on this TV. The Mainboard is the board that houses and processes all of the AV and HDMI Inputs, and HDMI are the most common to fail because they are digital. The link below is to the Mainboard if you choose to do this yourself:

The following is a link you can use to locate a Tech in your area if you'd like:

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.

Hello, I was just wondering if you've had a chance to try the steps I outlined and if you needed further assistance? If not, could you please kindly rate my answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thank you for your answer. I sent away for and have received the part but have not installed it yet due to pressing other matters. In one of the answers, I was told that I would have to download an electronic upgrade for the part. Is this true? as there was no information in the part box indicating that was necessary. Thanks for your help. When I install the part will get back to you.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here