Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

sony bravia model kdl-46ex521 screen has red green blue lines

sony bravia model kdl-46ex521 screen has red green blue lines no display
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Are the lines vertical please ?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu appear or not please OR are the lines in front of the menu please?

How old is the set please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anothny ,

Lines are vertifcal. I bought it 2 year back . I tried pressing the menu button nothing is displayed I can hear sound in back ground but no display

Hi Sohail

Its not very good news Sohail, its either a bad tcon board OR a bad LCD panel (screen)their is no way to check or test the tcon board effectively it just has to be replaced, if the fault is still there it confirms panel failure.
In all likelihood the panel is bad I just have to cover all the bases, unfortunately its not an option to replace the panel due to the cost.

I am sorry I dont have better news LCD panel failure is very common and I always advise people to get as much extended warrenty as possible with new technology TV, 5 years would be ideal and some retailers dont charge for this but use it as a sales ploy.

Please let me know if you need more info or want to pursue replacing the tcon to try.

Please dont forget to rate the answer.Thank You

Many Thanks
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how much replacing the tcon cost. Also the lines are not very visible Can it be some thing else or you still think it is the same issue.

Hi Sohail

To replace the tcon would need to get the partnumber from the tcon board itself as their are variants of the board.The tcon board drives the LCD panel.

Please be aware that if the tcon doesnt work then it just re-affirms the panel as being bad, you may be able to get a used tcon for about $100 or under however I will need the partnumber.

The tcon board is the one thats mounted upper middle of the set sometimes covered by a metal shield if you need help with that upload a photo to me and I will point it out to you.

Once again sorry for this I really feel for people who have bought very expensive sets then after 2 years they go down the toilet.

Let me know Sohail

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so shit like these can go bad any time. my kid was watching cartoon all the sudden the display picture size become less and finally it goes away and then just dark back ground and many colour vertifical lines showed up

Hi

Yes I have known LCD panels to be bad right from the box they can show many different symptoms lines are a common feature as the tabbing goes bad within the panel itself

If the sets own menu doesnt show up or is covered by the lines this confirms diagnosis.

Once again sorry for this news

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what do you recommend should i throw this peace of junk or what

Hi Sohail

You should complain to Sony initially via the website www.sony.com manuf are very aware of premature panel failure and they may be able to help you with this as you wouldnt expect a panel to fail after 2 short years

Let me know the result of the complaint

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they asking for bill of sale. i dont have the bill :( . so no help from them

Hi

Yes they will ask for that thats a real drag
If you had that they probably would supply the panel for free you would pay labor

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wish you can refund and I will take it electronic store who can diagnose for 50$ :(