Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have an Olevia TV, 2 days ago, the image went pink. I have

I have an Olevia TV, 2 days ago, the image went pink. I have not been able to reset it back to normal.
Hello and thank you for the question.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

How long have you had it for and when did the problem occur?

Also, what devices are connected (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue with image regardless of which you select?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cannot see the model because the TV is on the wall. But the directiions say that they are for models 226-232.

we have this TV for several years THe problem started 2 days ago

Connected DVD and cable box, and the problem is the same regardless, even on cable guide

Thank you. So, just to make sure, the DVD image is also affect correct?

I need to know if you press the MENU button on the TV remote, or TV itself (not the cable remote)< if the TV's MENU will appear on the screen.

I also need to know how long you've had the set for.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I pressed menu on the TV remote not on the TV. The TV menu to adjust does appear on the screen to adjust picture, temp..etc

The TV remote says Olevia RC-LTL at the bottom If it helps

Tested with DVD and it gets the correct colors.

The set is quiet a few years old, maybe 8 years old. And it's used very frequently.

So, just to be clear, the TV's MENU shows up correctly, and the DVD image shows up correctly and it is ONLY the cable box signal that does not?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The OSD appears on the left of the screen in colors in what I think is the proper colors

Again the TV menu (to select a channel) TV Guide appears only in pink tones.

We need to back up.

There are three things to check:

The TV's MENU.

The Cable Box image (not the MENU).

The DVD player's image.

Which ones do NOT appear normal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean by TV menu?

Cable box image is reddish or pinkish

DVP player image is 100% good

The image that is reddish pink is the one coming from the cable.

Thank you- that is exactly what I needed to know.

Here's the thing, the TV does not know the difference between whether it's producing image from a cable box- or a DVD player. So, the fact that the DVD player image is 100% perfect, tells us that the issue is NOT with the TV itself- but with your cable box.

I can give you a reboot of the cable box to try, but beyond that you simply need to contact the cable service provider and have them swap the box out for you as it has a faulty processor.

Try this reboot of the box to see if it cures the issue. Shut the TV and cable box off. Disconnect the cable box from power, then disconnect and reconnect the cable(s) between itself and the TV making sure they are secure. Then plug the cable box back in, and once it has rebooted, turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This reboot cures the issue you're having about 75% of the time. If it occurs beyond this, then simply contact your cable company and tell them you have a defective box, and they will exchange it for you.

Again, the fact that the DVD plays normally on the TV tells us that the TV is fine and the issue is caused by the cable company's signal or equipment.

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the service accordingly.