Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

Our samsung television screen contrast is not working, the

Our samsung television screen contrast is not working, the color on a person
is green, blue, red, pink. What can we do
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Approximately 3 years. connected to direct tv. do not use the dvd

player.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What I wanted to find out was if the DVD also had the problem so we could determine if this was possibly a problem with the cable box or the tv. Now, can you please tell me if the direct tv box is connected with 5 cables to the tv, or one large cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

One cable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one large cable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one large cable

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, is there any chance that you can test out the DVD player simply to see if it has the same problem?

It will help me determine whether or not the DVD also has the same issue?

If not, simply try the reboot below as an attempt at a quick fix, as rebooting the Direct TV box can sometimes cure this problem.

Please shut the TV and Direct TV box down. Unplug the Direct TV box from AC power for one minute. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, making sure it is secure. Then plug the cable box back in, turn on and let it reboot. Once it's rebooted, then turn on the TV and attempt to watch a program.

If you have the same problem simply reply back and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need the confirmation number for my account,

That did not fix the problem,

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't have confirmation numbers or anything like that. I answer questions and customer support from the home page deals with accounts.

We need to know if the DVD or at least the TV MENU is also affected, or if it appears normally on the screen.

Please advise, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay i think the menu is okay. how do i know

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you think the MENU is okay, then can you next try the DVD player?

We need to see if the Direct TV box is the only thing affected by the "off contrast" on the TV, then we have a problem with the Direct TV box- and NOT the TV itself.

In this case you would need to have Direct TV swap their box as the video output on this box would be what's faulty and causing the issue.

If you find that you also have this problem with the DVD image on the TV, then the TV would need service to correct the issue. There are no settings or adjustments that will correct this issue, and it would be a $150 parts and labor repair on the set.

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please rate the service accordingly.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.