Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

My tv wont power on. The LED light continues to blink non-stop.

My tv won't power on. The LED light continues to blink non-stop. Model WS-55613

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..is this the green light on the front?

If so, unplug for 5 full minutes. Plug it back in. Does the blinking start then or after you press 'On'?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It starts as soon as you plug it in.

Ok, before I give you what I think it is, let it flash for one or two minutes.

If it does not become solid afer 2 minutes, let me know so that we can continue.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's the front light. It does not stop blinking.

You have a failing DM Module. The module handles various sub systems in the TV and has a small power supply board with either 4 or 7 capacitors on it. The caps fail and the DM Module fails to handshake with the other systems in the TV and the green LED blinks. The blinking is normal until handshaking is complete, then it becomes solid.

The TV cannot boot without the DM Module.

This failure is very common on all Mitsubishi projection TVs from the past 10 years.

If you want to fix it, this is what is involved on a similar set (nice pictures): http://www.jeremyburns.com/Mitsubishi-Green-Blinking-Light-Fix.pdf

To have it professionally removed, repaired and replaced is going to cost you upwards of $350 if you can find someone to take it on.

Let me know what you think. I'm sorry that there is no quick and easy fix.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Steve.