Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have no picture and only an occasional sound on a 2010 Vizio

I have no picture and only an occasional sound on a 2010 Vizio 32 in Flatscreen serial LPPFLAK3901592. Worth repairing? Don
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-If you look close at the screen in a dark room, do you have a slight glow to the screen?
-If you push the MENU button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Light on screen 1 second upon turning on the device. Nothing with menu. no sound today. DVD Player does not work with the set.

After you loose the glow to the screen, does the power light stay on normal?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.. if the VIZIO words in white light are the power light.

Yes that is correct.

So this problem is the most common symptom we see in this model. There are a couple things that cause it, most commonly the power supply or inverter boards.

If you have/know how to use a meter, I can help you troubleshoot and repair the set, normally we are looking around $50 in parts.

If you do not and use a tech you are normally looking around $100-150 in labor making it a $150-200 repair. So thats getting up close to at least 3/4 what a new tv will cost you.

Its a good set overall, so it is a hard decision. If you have more questions or need anything else at all, please let me know.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!