Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

the tv will click to come on but do nothing then it will click

the tv will click to come on but do nothing then it will click off
Hello and thank you for the question. How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur? Was it after a storm or power outage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it still does not work and no we did not have any power surges or storms

Thank you. I understand that the set is not turning on, I was asking you how long you've had the set for and when the problem occured please?

Also does the clicking occur as soon as its plugged in, or only after power is pressed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have had it about 3 yr it always clicks when it is turned on then it takes a min. for the picture to come on but now it is just clicking when you turn it on then in a min it clicks off a min. later it clicks back on then it then it just keeps doing it

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 3 yr when the power is pressed

Thank you. While I could give you a procedure that may help power the set up for now, it will still eventually need service. The clicking sound is the power supply relay and the power supply board in the TV needs to be replaced. Unfortunately there are no resets or adjustments that will permenantly fix this problem and the set does require service. The average cost for this type of repair is around $200 parts and labor on this set. If you'd like you can use the site below to locate a tech in your area: